MSW, RSW, MDiv, CCC - Psychotherapy, Counseling and Consultation
Patty has had the privilege of journeying for over 15 years with individuals and families from a diverse range of ages, religions, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and gender identities. She has worked in the U.S. and Canada in a variety of settings including: schools; inpatient and outpatient psychiatric programs; lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community centers; religious communities; and community mental health programs, particularly those focused on serving adolescents and their families.
In addition to extensive post-degree training, she holds a Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy, a Master of Divinity Degree with an emphasis in Pastoral Counselling, and a Master of Social Work Degree. She is a Registered Social Worker (RSW) in Ontario and a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC).
Patty works with clients to tailor an approach using a variety of therapeutic modalities including but not limited to Narrative Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy informed practices.
With the scope of her experience, she is prepared to work with clients and their families around a variety of issues including:
- Struggles with mood, anxiety and other mental health difficulties
- Parenting/parent-teen conflict
- Difficulties with emotional regulation (struggles with effectively managing emotions & emotional experiences; struggles with less than optimal coping strategies such as various types of self-harming behaviors)
- Matters related to sexuality, including coming out and grappling with the effects of homophobia & biphobia
- Gender identity, including support around transitioning, coming out as genderqueer, and dealing with transphobia.
Her fees fall within a comparable range to other professionals and a portion may reimbursable for those who have supplemental insurance coverage.
To set up an appointment and/or have an initial conversation to see if she is the right fit for you, please call her at 647 637 0785 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note, this email is not on a completely secure server).